There is a terrific study just out - the Uptime Industry's 2012 Data Center Industry Survey
. You will need to sign in to see the survey - it is an excellent report.
Their summary shows key findings of the survey included:
- 55% of organizations reported a datacenter budget increase over 2011.
- Nearly 50% of organizations have deployed private cloud; 25% have deployed public cloud.
- Cost reduction is the primary driver for organizations to pursue cloud computing.
- Average PUE of respondents’ largest datacenter is between 1.8 and 1.89.
- Modular datacenter deployment doubled over 2011, but is still in single digits (9%).