With about four weeks remaining in the quarter, the company believes it will achieve fourth-quarter revenue within the US$1.075 billion to US$1.125 billion range it previously provided on Sept. 20, 2011, Adobe said.
"We expect to report record revenue within the fourth-quarter target range we previously issued," said Mark Garrett, executive vice president and CFO of Adobe, in a statement.
Adobe will hold its 2011 Financial Analyst Meeting on Nov. 9 in New York. At the meeting, the company plans to outline the strategy and goals for its business realignment and provide more detail on what is involved and the reasons behind the restructuring. The company also will further discuss its digital media and digital marketing growth strategies.
Adobe's digital media growth strategy revolves around its recently announced Creative Cloud and will enable the company to rapidly deliver new product capabilities and services, penetrate untapped market segments, and increase overall engagement with customers, the company said.
Key elements of this digital media strategy include:
- continuing to deliver innovation on PCs through its Creative Suite software while extending its customer reach through tablet-based touch apps and cloud-based software delivery;
- shifting resources to support even greater investment in HTML5, through tools like Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Edge and PhoneGap, recently added through the acquisition of Nitobi;
- focusing Flash resources on delivering the most advanced PC Web experiences, including gaming and premium video, as well as mobile apps;
- enhancing digital publishing solutions to empower media companies to profit through publishing their content to any screen;
- investing in media monetization, including the large growth opportunity in video advertising, facilitated by the acquisition of Auditude; and
- extending its leadership in document services with its Acrobat product line and increasing its focus on the growing category of electronic contracts and signatures through the recent acquisition of EchoSign.
Key elements of the Adobe digital marketing strategy include: